How to prepared Okro (Okra) soup, It’s ingredients and Method. Okro soup is a farm fresh soup recipe prepared with Okro and green vegetables.
It’s ingredients and Method
Okro, Red Palm Oil, Iced fish (preferably Mackerel), Ground Crayfish, Salt to taste, Vegetable- Pumpkin leaves or Spinach (Washed and frozen), Seasoning- 1 Maggi/Knorr cube (Optional).
- Cut the okro fingers into tiny pieces. Grind the crayfish, Wash the pumpkin leaves, if it is your choice of vegetable, and cut into tiny pieces. If you will use spinach, defrost and cut into tiny pieces
- Wash, cut and boil the iced fish. Leave to cool and deb-one.
- Pour red palm oil in a clean dry pot and heat to dissolve the oil if it is congealed. Add the diced okra and start frying on medium heat, add some fish stock ( or work) from time to time till you notice the okro start drawing. This process should take a maximum of 5 mins to avoid over-cooking the okro.
- Now add the ground crayfish, the remaining fish stock, pumpkin leaves, a pinch of salt and fish and stir well.
- Cover the cooking pot and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- The soup is ready to be served.